Artifical Intelligence and Language
(Ghostwritten for Unbabel’s CEO)
The Entrepreneur’s Surefire Formula for Cold Emails that Get Responses
A Survival Guide to the Emotional Roller Coaster Ride of Entrepreneurship
Create Order from Chaos: How to Be Your Own Product Manager
Foundr’s Ultimate Guide to Writing for Entrepreneurs
Everyone’s an impostor in one way or another
Working from home? Here’s how to stay on task
Willpower: train your brain to do the things that matter most
5 Ways to train your creative mind
7 steps to land the perfect mentor for you
What to do on the first day, week, and month of your new job
Checklist for nailing your first job interview
Led Tradecraft growth team on project with founders of BottlesTonight, a discount bottle service app, to increase signups, engagement, purchases, retention, and referrals.
– Researched best analytics options, set up Mixpanel and AppsFlyer to track app events and Facebook ad conversions.
– Determined optimal Facebook ad copy and images using multivariate testing.
– Developed new messaging with a focus on education about the product.
– Examined funnel drop-off points and brainstormed possible solutions based on initial hypotheses.
– Created referral program (give $50, get $50) to increase signups and purchases.
– Developed email automation campaign (transactional, drip onboarding) to increase engagement.
I worked closely with the Community Manager, Product Manager, and development team to define a new vision for Delicious.com after AVOS bought it from Yahoo. We focused on reducing new user churn, and creating a more useful and engaging user experience for our 3M monthly active users.
– Developed and implemented marketing strategy for the relaunch.
– Created new messaging to reflect true value of the service.
– Coined new tagline “Never lose a link again.”
– Worked with PM to create a new onboarding flow and email campaign, resulting in reduced user churn.
– Created blog content designed to help current and potential users and increase brand visibility, resulting in over 30,000 page views per month.
– Coordinated with Community Manager to relay information about new features and downtime issues to users. A delicate task — with 3 million monthly active users, many of whom had been using the app for 5+ years, being transparent about changes and website issues was extremely important.
I ran marketing and community for MixBit, an app for shooting and editing videos on mobile devices. Pre-launch, I worked with the C-suite and an external PR firm to determine market positioning and product messaging, and create a comprehensive marketing strategy.
– Responsible for all copy, including the landing page, blog, UI and help copy, press releases, automated and newsletter emails, and about pages.
– Wrote 1-2 posts each week on topics tailored to our target market, like storytelling, beginning cinematography, and sweding.
– Built the blog off a WordPress skeleton template using HTML and CSS.
Petbrosia is an e-commerce startup that sells custom pet food. I worked with the Head of Growth to brainstorm and implement ideas to streamline marketing efforts, lower the CAC, and raise the LTV.
– Determined LTV.
– Set up segmentation in Magento customer database and connected segments to MailChimp for easy and automated email targeting.
– Prioritized acquisition channels based on cost, effort to implement, and overall effect.
– Proposed changes to messaging and user flow to increase conversions.